It's now possible for all travelers to enter Portugal without restrictions, regardless of the purpose (including tourism).
Passengers aged 12 and over must only carry one of the following documents:
- European Union COVID Digital Certificate
- Digital certificate recognized as equivalent by the European Commission
- Vaccination or recovery certificate issued by a third country recognized by Portugal under conditions of reciprocity
- Nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) performed within 72 hours prior to departure
- Rapid antigen test (RAgT), included in the list agreed by the Health Safety Committee of the European Union, carried out within 24 hours prior to departure.
Citizens who, exceptionally, do not present any of the above documents, will have to carry out a test at their own expense inside the airport, upon arrival. If the test result is positive, the traveler will be confined to a health facility or to home.
Children under 12 are exempt from the above requirements.
There are no restrictions on entry into Portugal by land.